About Faces Leesburg Permanent Makeup & The Winter Months
The world is constantly out to ruin our makeup. Too much moisture, dryness, static, temperature shifts, and more all affect our efforts. Whether it’s chapped lips, drab complexion, or static-charged hair, winter is a tough season. Compound those difficulties with the struggles of work, kids, and exercise and maintaining your look starts to look very difficult indeed. Permanent makeup might be the perfect time (and face)-saving solution: you get to keep your ideal makeup year-round, and only have to worry about your hair and skin! Since your makeup will be taken care of, here are a few winter tips to keep your skin and hair looking beautiful.
- Moisturize More! Use an oil-based moisturizer “ointment” to use because the oil will create a thin layer that retains moisture better than creams.
- Hands, Hands, Hands! Make sure to wear gloves outside- remember that your hands have the thinnest skin of anywhere on your body. Remember to avoid wool because it can cause irritation. Also, make sure not to wear wet gloves or socks because that wetness can cause irritation and even eczema!
- Use a Humidifier! Central heat tends to circulate hot and dry air, which can irritate your skin. A humidifier balances this out, and can really help stop your skin drying out.
- Cover Up! Wearing hats, scarves, and hoods protects your hair from the cold wind and moisture. Make sure your headgear isn’t too tight though, circulation to your scalp is important for hair health.
- Don’t go outside with wet hair! Doing so risks breakage- your wet hair can actually freeze and break in cold conditions.
- Try to limit your use of hot items on your hair like blow dryers and curling irons. Extreme temperature shifts and this rough treatment of already delicate hair can cause problems.
You know more than anybody else how hard it is to maintain your beauty. For many people, permanent eyeliner, permanent eyebrows, and other solutions save time and preserve self-confidence. If you’re interested in making an appointment with our Leesburg Permanent Makeup expert Leisa, please use the contact form below.